Did you know that FAAST:
· is the state of Florida’s assistive technology program.
· funds six Regional Demonstration Centers across Florida.
· funds five Regional ReUse Centers across Florida.
· operates statewide and regional device loan programs for families to access assistive technology devices, including adapted toys.
· led all assistive technology programs in the nation in trainings.
· operates an alternate financing program that allows an individual to acquire financial loans to purchase assistive technology devices and services.
· provides device demonstrations to all Floridians free-of-charge.
· maintains a device exchange called AT List that is similar to Craig’s List. The goal of AT List is to put assistive technology that is not being used into the hands of someone who can benefit from it.