Lung Cancer Awareness
November is Lung Cancer Awareness month. This virtual race benefits the Lung Cancer Alliance. They are the only national non-profit organization dedicated solely to patient support and advocacy for people living with lung cancer and those at risk for the disease.
The Lung Cancer Alliance provides support, education and advocacy programs exclusively for those living with or at risk for lung cancer with a firm commitment to accountability, transparency and good governance.
Every dollar provided to us is used effectively and efficiently to accomplish their mission as validated by the following:
• They are ranked #11 among the country’s leading cancer charities on Philanthropedia.
• They are the recipient of the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence Award for the highest standards of public accountability, program and cost effectiveness.
• They remain an approved charity under the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC#12398).
• They are the recipient of the Cancer Charity of the Year Award by the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
• They are the recipient of the Leadership in Advocacy Award by the Congressional Black Caucus.
(2014 Lung Cancer Alliance)
The runner in the medal is completing a race and exhaling at this accomplishment. The lungs will be a translucent glass.