Skin Cancer Awareness
Our Skin Cancer Awareness virtual race is to raise awareness and funds for skin cancer research and treatment. Proceeds of your race entry will be donated to Outrun the Sun.
Did you know…
- It is estimated that more than 116,000 people will be diagnosed with the disease this year.
- It is estimated that one in 50 people will be diagnosed with melanoma.
- Melanoma is on the rise more than any other cancer.
- One person dies nearly every hour from melanoma.
- Melanoma affects people of every age and every race.
- The incidence rate for children 18 and under increased 84 percent from 1975 to 2005.
- Government funding for medical research, including melanoma research, has been reduced, making the work of nonprofit organizations like Outrun the Sun, Inc. essential.
Outrun the Sun, Inc. is dedicated to building national awareness of melanoma and other skin cancers, educating communities about preventive measures that reduce melanoma’s incidence rate, and raising funds for melanoma research, leading to effective treatments and a potential cure.